Opening a new
VAT position in Italy

In order to pay Italian VAT the foreign yacht owner must first obtain a VAT number. There are two main ways to get it:

  • through a direct registration if the company is established in a EU country and already has an European VAT registration,
  • by appointing a fiscal representative if the company is established outside Europe or for companies established in a EU country, choosing to appoint a fiscal representative.